cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I am installing an AP which has been boxed for the past 3 years. The HiveOS firmware 6.5r1b fails to update to the latest version. I have tried to connect to the AP130 with a web browser, but that fails.

I am installing an AP which has been boxed for the past 3 years. The HiveOS firmware 6.5r1b fails to update to the latest version. I have tried to connect to the AP130 with a web browser, but that fails.

rkestle
New Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Rodney,

You can email communityhelp@aerohive.com to figure out if you have a valid support contract. Otherwise, you can add the serial numbers of the devices to your Connect instance and as long as the APs are not already associated to another instance they should make a capwap connection to the Connect instance and upgrade firmware automatically to the minimum supported version.

rkestle
New Contributor
Keith,

I'm running Connect, but the download page says this for me:

*Not seeing any Downloads, or the specific file you're after?* Make sure
you're logged in. Otherwise, that means either we need to adjust your
account settings, or you might need a Support Contract - Please contact the
HiveCommunity moderator at communityhelp@aerohive.com"
, and provide your account name and/or latest
sales order or entitlement key if possible.

So, I thought I would ask for you to send it directly to me. Is it because
I'm using a different login for the community page as compared to Connect?
Whatever the reason, I need to unboard 5 old AP's that were never setup
since we received them 3 years ago.

Rodney

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Rodney,

Even if the AP is running an unsupported version it will still connect to XIQ (HiveManager) and then automatically update to a supported version as long as you have a valid license available to manage the device. We also have a free version of XIQ called Connect if you don't have a valid license and would still like to take advantage of our Cloud platform.

rkestle
New Contributor

Thanks Keith, I can now access my AP130 via web. Since my contract has recently changed, I guess I don't have access to downloads. Will you send my the latest HiveOS for an AP130? If the other forum boards are correct, once I apply an update greater than 6, the AP will update automatically as intended.

Thanks greatly.

GTM-P2G8KFN