cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to add an AP and it gives error message "device failed to onboard". How to fix this?

I am trying to add an AP and it gives error message "device failed to onboard". How to fix this?

npatel1
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that serial number, I have freed that AP up for you so you should be good to go now. Please let me know if you have any further issues adding that AP.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

npatel1
New Contributor
I need to setup with my internal LAN and connect to the internet. How can I do this? When I connected to my internal LAN I don’t see the SSID. I added the SSID and the AP template but no luck.

Nishit Patel
Systems Engineer
Advanced Solutions Group
ITsavvy
Tel 630.396.6300 x6072
npatel@ITsavvy.com

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

As for your setup guides, if you can tell me a little about what you are setting up (i.e. PSK, PPSK, Radius, Mesh, internal DHCP, etc.), I can point you toward the right guides.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a free version of HiveManager, called HiveManager Connect. It is similar to the regular version of HiveManager (called Select, formerly NG), except the more advanced enterprise level features are not available in Connect. You can register for a Connect HiveManager by going to cloud.aerohive.com> Register. After you've gone through the registration process and set your password, you will be given three HiveManager choices, and you'll want to choose Connect.

Connect never needs an entitlement key, so it is always free to use. The only cost would be the original purchase of any hardware, and purchasing support if you would like to have technical support available for your Aerohive equipment. If you don't purchase support but have a technical question, you can post your question on this forum, and we'll get you an answer here.

npatel1
New Contributor
I added the device successfully to HiveManager NG. But this is 30 day trial. Is there any free version for Hive manager. Also can you send me a link to setup advanced settings or configuration.

Thanks,

Nishit Patel
Systems Engineer
Advanced Solutions Group
ITsavvy
Tel 630.396.6300 x6072
npatel@ITsavvy.com

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that serial number, I have freed that AP up for you so you should be good to go now. Please let me know if you have any further issues adding that AP.

GTM-P2G8KFN