cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to add an AP and it gives error message "device failed to onboard". How to fix this?

I am trying to add an AP and it gives error message "device failed to onboard". How to fix this?

npatel1
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that serial number, I have freed that AP up for you so you should be good to go now. Please let me know if you have any further issues adding that AP.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

david_olivas
New Contributor

Hello Sam Pirok,

How are you !! I have the same problem with a HiveAP 330 shows me the Error: device (s) failed to onboard, to integrate it into HiveManager but from what I understand did not remove the serial number of another HiveManger for which it can not be used.

The S / N of the AP-330 is: 33012060701985

Can you help me with the release of the team?

regards

npatel1
New Contributor
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Nishit Patel
Systems Engineer
Advanced Solutions Group
ITsavvy
Tel 630.396.6300 x6072
npatel@ITsavvy.com

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately, we don't have any direct numbers, just the one for the technical support general line. If you'd rather open a support case, you can do that and request that a technician call you as soon as we have someone available. I've just checked your user record and enabled full community permissions for you so you can create a case.

npatel1
New Contributor
I am trying to call customer support but it’s a long wait. Is there any number to reach you to get this done quickly.

Nishit Patel
Systems Engineer
Advanced Solutions Group
ITsavvy
Tel 630.396.6300 x6072
npatel@ITsavvy.com

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We have several options for setting up an SSID to allow you to connect to the internet with. If you want an SSID where everyone uses the same password to connect, you'll want a PSK SSID. If you want an SSID where everyone has their own password, you'll want to use PPSK. If you want an SSID with advanced security where everyone has their own username and password, you'd want a Radius SSID. We can also do authentication through social login or self registration. If you can tell me what you're looking for, I can point you to the right set up guide.

If you've created an SSID you'll need to apply the network policy to the AP and push out a complete configuration to your AP. After the AP reboots, you will see your SSID in your available wireless networks list on your device.

GTM-P2G8KFN