cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run a report that shows you how many clients are connected to each AP over time for all AP's?

Is it possible to run a report that shows you how many clients are connected to each AP over time for all AP's?

allanh
New Contributor

Our client would like to run some sort of usage report that will help us get an overview of which AP's are getting utilized the most. Is there a way to generate this type of data with the built in report tools, or some other report template that we could use to get this type of information?

6 REPLIES 6

allanh
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the information. I've passed this onto the client just in case there is something useful that can be had from the predefined reports.

And yes please, can we get a feature request for customizable reports.

Cheers

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The reports in HiveManager are more limited than they were in Classic, I'm afraid the closest we're going to get to your request are these three types, and none of them are exactly what you're looking for:

Unique Clients: This chart shows the number of unique clients on your network for both wireless bands (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz), wired connections, or all connections. Hover over any segment of the data to see more information. If there is a number greater than zero in the Clients with Poor Health section, click the number to see more information about poor connections.

Top Access Points by Usage/Client: This chart shows usage data for the top 20 access points, by either usage or connected client. You can view data for either the 2.4 GHz band, the 5 GHz band, or both. Hover over a bubble in the timeline, or any segment in the circular data for more details.

Maximum Number of Simultaneous Connections: This chart shows the maximum simultaneous connections in 10-minute segments for the time frame specified for the report. You can see data for the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band, or both bands, for wired connections, or for all connections. Hover over any bar in the graph to see more details.

There isn't a way to create customized reports in NG at the moment (other than the ability to choose which predefined objects, like the one above, would be added to the report). I can submit a feature request for this ability if you'd like?

GTM-P2G8KFN