cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Hivemanager Classic to latest Hivemanager guide

Migration from Hivemanager Classic to latest Hivemanager guide

p_j_collins
New Contributor

I'm new to Aerohive. Can someone point in the direction for the migration guide for Hivemanager Classic to the latest Hivemanager (is this now called Extreme connect?). I'm hoping we can share the entitlement key in both while we replicate our configuration, add a single AP, test and then move the rest of the AP's. Am I correct in thinking we can still manage the ap's in the old HM until we export and import into the new HM ?

I'd be grateful of any other tips anyone has who has done this. Do we need to involve Aerohive/3rd part support to this during the process ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You will be able to move your key over to ECIQ and continue using HiveManager Classic with the same keys. If you were trying to use two instances of ECIQ with the same key that would cause issues, but Classic and ECIQ can share a key between the two platforms to facilitate a gradual move over to ECIQ.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Happy to help! URL filtering is indeed a router only feature at the moment, and unfortunately I don't have access to the feature road map so I'm not sure when we're planning to release that feature on the APs as well. I might recommend reaching out to your Sales Engineer about that, they would have more insight on that than I do. If you're unsure who to contact for your Sales Engineer, I can email that information to you directly, just let me know.

p_j_collins
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Many thanks to you. The video in particular looks very informative.

Just another quick question, I came across the URL filtering configuration in the new management ECIQ, but could not apply it...I guess it's not supported on the AP's (router only). Have you a timeframe of when (if) it will available on AP's ?

Thanks

Paul

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This is our migration guide: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/VHM-Virtual-HiveManager-Migration-Guide

HiveManager NG is now called ExtremeCloud IQ (ECIQ). ECIQ comes in two formats, Select and Connect. Select is the full featured version of ECIQ, which requires an entitlement key so I believe this is the one you want. Connect is a free version of ECIQ that has a limited feature set does not require any entitlement keys.

You can apply your entitlement key to ECIQ and continue to use your Classic instance as normal while you migrate over.

You can purchase migration help if you'd like. To do that you'll want to contact your Sales Engineer. If you're unsure who to contact for your Sales Engineer, I can email you their contact information directly, just let me know.

GTM-P2G8KFN