Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SSID in other HM

My SSID in other HM

marcel_fedier
New Contributor

I've noticed a very special phenomenon. 

I had a problem with the 5GHz channels, which solved itself. My colleague had a similar problem.

I logged on to my friend's HiveManager and set everything exactly the same as my HM (on the 5GHz interface). Then I logged out and logged back in to my HM.

Two days later my friend came and said that he no longer saw his SSID as just another SSID. However, the SSID broadcast is my HM's!! I haven't changed anything in my friend's settings. I have only excluded various channels no more!

What's going on?

Thank you very much for your support.

Cheers, M

6 REPLIES 6

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Sam,

From the sounds of it it's the same issue as one of my colleagues had. I believe we found the SSID through Chrome autofill and removed it to resolve (or reset the browser, I can't quite remember which!)

To give more clarification however, when you go to monitor > AP > interface settings > change something (such as the 5GHz settings as mentioned) the "Override SSID broadcast name" was getting filled in automatically, hence the SSID name from one of the HiveManagers being applied to the other.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. SSIDs were configured in your HiveManager (HM1 for easier notation) and also in your friends HiveManager (HM2). Now the SSIDs aren't showing for the APs in HM2?

GTM-P2G8KFN