cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never seen such a mess as Aerohive: do you? Is there any lifeline here?

Never seen such a mess as Aerohive: do you? Is there any lifeline here?

marco_tarquini
New Contributor III

HiveManager Connect and Community Care seem a smokescreen, and looking at this message board complaints even HM Select or paid support often look like an expensive window dressing.

So if you don't know any email address of an Aerohive willing employee you likely won't get any answer to any doubt.

Is there any comprehensive library of reliable documentation anywhere?

I'd gladly buy some well written books if that may matter.

Thanks in advance for any useful hint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Regarding the TX power, I believe some APs are limited to 18 on the board, such as the 130.

As for the other two APs, currently on the APs I've seen, the UNII3 channels (149 onward) are limited to 10. You wouldn't come across this on the other channels.

92ec00f433b44d549041ab8409af6c34_0690c000007EmV6AAK.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

marco_tarquini
New Contributor III

Hi @Ashley Finch​ 

thanks for the clarification: now I have some workarounds to tinker with.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Regarding the TX power, I believe some APs are limited to 18 on the board, such as the 130.

As for the other two APs, currently on the APs I've seen, the UNII3 channels (149 onward) are limited to 10. You wouldn't come across this on the other channels.

92ec00f433b44d549041ab8409af6c34_0690c000007EmV6AAK.png

weekdaysailor
Contributor

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I think there are things that can impact your ability to apply max power - for example if the APs are on POE AF vs AT vs wall-wart and so on. Also things like DFS (radar) avoidance and different county regulations.

As Ashley hinted there may be differences between Connect/Select that the documentation isn't very granular on, and if the UI is showing you options you should not have, AH should file a bug to fix and hopefully have more detailed documentation available as well. I doubt TX power is one of those though. My first guess would be available power. Newer chipsets on AC/AX devices take a bit more power than older.

marco_tarquini
New Contributor III

Hi @Ashley Finch​ and @Keith Redfield​ 

first of all thanks for your answers.

It was just the last rant of the despondency of a broken operator.

To address one of Keith's concerns, I was not addressing the lack of answers to my previous questions, as I'm not such a pompous windbag, nor too demanding to not understand what a best effort, community help may reasonably offer to a "freemium" customer (for the sake of improving this thread snr, I will let alone the fact that even a freemium thing should properly work anyway, or it would turn into a scam).

My ranting was for another simple setting which didn't worked as I expected: just for instance, if I cannot easily set an AP Tx power, then I have some reasons to feel frustrated, haven't I? I guess some images may work better than thousands words.

That's the actual AP wireless settings:

c9f9887cb3a94e49a458b58019fa96f8_0690c000007EljWAAS.jpg

That's the applied Radio Profile:

radio_profile_power

And that's the real outcome:

monitor_power

Should it not be around 20dB? So what about those 10dB on WiFi1... I run out of words and start ranting (please note that only the old AP370 worked as it should according to the above illustrated settings).

But the plain question was: how do I raise that 10dB Tx power on WiFi1 ??? Where the "real" settings are buried?

GTM-P2G8KFN