cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard ap230

Onboard ap230

dersini
New Contributor

I tried to add one AP230 to my HM connect instance and received Error 9 The device appears to be in use by another VHM. AP in question was purchased on eBay about a year ago. Please advise.

?

Thanks,?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello all, if you have an AP that has a conflicting entry in the redirector (in use by another VHM), please either open a support case if you can or email me the serial number(s) directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com and I'll get those records cleared up for you.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

dersini
New Contributor

Jose,

Does that work with HiveManager Connect or on-prem HM?

Kris,

I bought it refurb from a reseller on ebay.

kristopher_gnag
New Contributor II

You might also try reaching out to the seller. If the AP is one they used in their hive, ask them to delete it from their account.

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

Reset the AP to factory settings. AP documentation is located at docs.aerohive.com. After factory resetting, SSH to the AP. You may need to block Internet access to prevent Aerohive from associating to another customer (redirector.aerohive.com). The default username and password is admin / aerohive. Issue these commands (replace 1.1.1.1 with your Hivemanager IP address). Replace vhm-home home with your Hivemanager vhm name.

no capwap client enable

capwap client server name 1.1.1.1

capwap client vhm-name home

capwap client enable

save config

If your not sure what your VHM name is or IP address, SSH into a functioning AP and issue command:

show capwap client

wwillingham
New Contributor III

If someone from Aerohive doesn't pop on here to answer, I would just call Support and see what they say. It can't hurt to try.

dersini
New Contributor

What I have is a free HM connect account and thus cannot create support tickets. So the question is would aerohive provide support in this case and few others that have popped up in other parts of the forum?

GTM-P2G8KFN