cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard ap230

Onboard ap230

dersini
New Contributor

I tried to add one AP230 to my HM connect instance and received Error 9 The device appears to be in use by another VHM. AP in question was purchased on eBay about a year ago. Please advise.

?

Thanks,?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello all, if you have an AP that has a conflicting entry in the redirector (in use by another VHM), please either open a support case if you can or email me the serial number(s) directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com and I'll get those records cleared up for you.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello all, if you have an AP that has a conflicting entry in the redirector (in use by another VHM), please either open a support case if you can or email me the serial number(s) directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com and I'll get those records cleared up for you.

Hello Sam,

I am having the same issue with an AP230 I purchased used. The serial number is 02301502090560

Can you help me get it released? Thank you. 

xiaoleiq_xie
New Contributor II

My AP330 is the same as your problem. Can it be Solved ?

dersini
New Contributor

Jose,

That would not work with cloud version of HM since APs are registered with HM based on a unique identifier.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

I know it works with on-prem HM, not 100% sure about HiveManager Connect - however regardless if it's on-prem or not, the AP needs to establish a connection using CAPWAP protocol to HM. Do a 'show capwap client' on a functioning AP and follow the commands on my previous post.

GTM-P2G8KFN