cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

One of our new AP122's will no update. It is running 7.0r0, and all the rest were 7.0r4 or above. No matter what options I choose in the update (even to 7.0r4), it comes back "Device UPdate Failed"

One of our new AP122's will no update. It is running 7.0r0, and all the rest were 7.0r4 or above. No matter what options I choose in the update (even to 7.0r4), it comes back "Device UPdate Failed"

mml
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that error message. I would recommend trying to reboot the AP, then pushing another update to the AP (we'd want to try a complete and a delta configuration push to be safe). If you still have issues, you might want to try a full reset of the AP and then try to push the update again. If these steps both fail to resolve the issue, you'd want to open a technical support case with us so we can troubleshoot this AP in more depth with you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mml
New Contributor

I had already done everything you suggest except a reset. I just did that and it did not help at all. It doesn't matter what options I choose (Delta, Complete, Golden version, specific version), it starts the update and then dies with this message. We don't have a support plan anymore and this is a brand new device. Can I get it replaced under warranty?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that error message. I would recommend trying to reboot the AP, then pushing another update to the AP (we'd want to try a complete and a delta configuration push to be safe). If you still have issues, you might want to try a full reset of the AP and then try to push the update again. If these steps both fail to resolve the issue, you'd want to open a technical support case with us so we can troubleshoot this AP in more depth with you.

mml
New Contributor

The CLI "save image https://cloud-va2.aerohive.com:443/aft-webapp/hiveos/images/AP122-8.2r4.golden.img.S admin VHM-JCHMZDOT password **** basic no-prompt' execute failed, cause by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot the Aerohive device and try again. If this problem persists, contact Aerohive Support.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

When you click on the "device Update failed" message, what error message do you see? You may have to expand the failure event to see the entire message.

GTM-P2G8KFN