cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of our new AP122's will no update. It is running 7.0r0, and all the rest were 7.0r4 or above. No matter what options I choose in the update (even to 7.0r4), it comes back "Device UPdate Failed"

One of our new AP122's will no update. It is running 7.0r0, and all the rest were 7.0r4 or above. No matter what options I choose in the update (even to 7.0r4), it comes back "Device UPdate Failed"

mml
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that error message. I would recommend trying to reboot the AP, then pushing another update to the AP (we'd want to try a complete and a delta configuration push to be safe). If you still have issues, you might want to try a full reset of the AP and then try to push the update again. If these steps both fail to resolve the issue, you'd want to open a technical support case with us so we can troubleshoot this AP in more depth with you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi David, thank you for reaching out on this post, I've responded to your original post and sent those files to you as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a similar issue linked here: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00007WLOJpCAP/ap330-is-not-accepting-firmware-...

I'm just wondering if this post may be monitored better than the previous one. It appears I need a set of firmware updates, can I obtain these from anywhere?

soporte13
New Contributor

Hi Michelle and Sam,

I have exactly the same issue with the same AP model (AP122).

I will proceed as Sam says in "thehivecommunity.aerohive.com"

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. The last thing we would need to try before we can RMA this device for you is a TFTP flash that you will need a technical support agent to help with. Since you haven't purchased support, we're going to need to make a Connect case for this issue. To do this you'll want to go to thehivecommunity.aerohive.com> Click on the "Connect" tile on the front page of the Hive Community> Click on the last link on this page, "Link to the Question and RMA Request Forms"> Fill out the form for a question and mention in the description that the community moderator approved this case and that you are looking for a TFTP flash.

GTM-P2G8KFN