Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPSK/CWP - self password reset

PPSK/CWP - self password reset

aerohivenoob
New Contributor

Hello!

Currently have a PPSK setup with a CWP on Aerohive to allow our guest users to sign up and register to gain access to WiFi.

We were wondering if there is an option/configuration to enable users who register and get a password to be able to perform a self-password reset?

Basically allowing them to reset their own password?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Off the top of my head maybe something could be done with a custom CWP (e.g. code of, not native option in XIQ)/API, but that wouldn't be the most straightforward of options!

By Aerohive portal I'm presuming you mean XIQ? If so, this method would require a bit of a change from the current PPSK setup, but within Guest Essentials there is a "forgot passcode" option within the sponsored_guest_access template login form. Still would have a password per user but wouldn't sit within the usual users section of XIQ where the PPSK users are currently.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @aerohivenoob,

I don't see an option to self password reset but there is an option for password renewal:

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000103496

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000107504

BR,

Christoph S.

Hi Christoph,

Is there anyway to modify the CWP to add a "reset password" option?

Or to allow users request a new password on their own?

Trying to find a way to have users initiate on their end for a password reset on their own, rather than having an admin log into the Aerohive portal, resetting the password, and then providing it to the users.

Off the top of my head maybe something could be done with a custom CWP (e.g. code of, not native option in XIQ)/API, but that wouldn't be the most straightforward of options!

By Aerohive portal I'm presuming you mean XIQ? If so, this method would require a bit of a change from the current PPSK setup, but within Guest Essentials there is a "forgot passcode" option within the sponsored_guest_access template login form. Still would have a password per user but wouldn't sit within the usual users section of XIQ where the PPSK users are currently.

GTM-P2G8KFN