cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Users connecting to Wireless SSID

Problem with Users connecting to Wireless SSID

richard_moth
New Contributor

This is a new configuration and the first time using HiveManager (NG upgraded to Select).  These are brand new Access Points and a new config, only about 4 weeks old.  The company it comes under is "EBIQUITY".

I have one network policy with 2 SSID's, they are EbiquityPLC and EbiquityGuest.

Under the EbiquityPLC I have setup the SSID as Private Pre-Shared Key and I have 4 User Groups aasigned with 4 User profiles mapping through to 4 different VLANS.

US-Trusted-Staff maps to VLAN 202

US-Trusted-Mobile maps to VLAN 204

US-Untrusted-BYOD maps to VLAN 205

US-Untrusted-Conf2 maps to VLAN 203

Each User group has one user setup.

Users can connect to EbiquityPLC using the PPSK for US-Trusted-Staff no problem.

But when a user tries to connect to the EbiquityPLC with the PPSK for US-Untrusted-BYOD they get an error Authenication Failed.  When I look at "Tools - Client Monitor" I can see the error "PPSK Rejected by Guest Access" - "ID Manager did not accept the PPSK authentication request for the EbiquityPLC SSID".  I have checked all the seeting and they look correct.  I have checked the PPSK's and again they all look corredct.

Can any one help?

6 REPLIES 6

richard_moth
New Contributor

Sorry for the late reply.  I have attached a copy of the config.

Richard

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Do your attributes attached to each respective User Profile match the PPSK Group attribute? Thats where I see the most common issues with multi-PPSK Group attachments to SSIDs. The VLANs need to match as well (more obvious though).

Are you able to share any of the configuration from an AP? It'll be easier to see things there vs. screen shots of the GUI.

GTM-P2G8KFN