cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR2208P does not appear to have host resources stats available via SNMP?

SR2208P does not appear to have host resources stats available via SNMP?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I am attempting to poll SNMP for Host Resources on SR2208P and am getting no where. These switches seem to be pretty limited in terms of what is available via SNMP. Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for your patience while I looked in to this. We are working on new MIB files, but they aren't ready just yet and unfortunately I don't have an ETA for those at the moment. I'm sorry I couldn't find more but the new MIB files should be what you need when they are released.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

No that seems to be the case from my observation as well. I am wondering if and when support for these items is going to be added?

Host resources are a pretty fundamental thing to monitor with SNMP and we are really surprised that they are not supported.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for those MIB files. Could you tell me what SNMP software you are using so we can do some research on our end? Also, if you could perform a mirrored port packet capture from both the SNMP server side and the switch side, that will help us get a better idea of the traffic flow we have currently.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'd like to check what MIB files are in use, could you run "show tech" on the switch CLI and send the output to me? Specifically I'd like to check the MIB's Supported section and see if we have any referencing CPU or memory. If you'd like to send the output to me directly my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN