Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for VDX 8770-4 MIBs, ver 5.0.1d

Looking for VDX 8770-4 MIBs, ver 5.0.1d

jm_ne
New Contributor
Hello -

Been looking around for some MIBs for a VDX 8770 running NOS 5.0.1d. Some quick background: changing monitoring platforms from Solarwinds to PRTG. PRTG doesn't really have any native MIBs for Brocade gear.

I found the MIBs for NOS 5.0.2 from a MyBrocade forum, but I've only been able to get a handful of OIDs to work. Most other search results that pop up go to dead ends, probably due to the acquisition. I can only find MIBs for NOS 7.x.x via Extreme.

Found one MIB that I imported through their Script World, but it doesn't work either. Doesn't appear all that different from the one I had found previously.

90% of the OIDs I've tested come back with no response. For example, I can retrieve the system time (1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.1.1.0), but the next OID for a boot date doesn't respond.

Considered pulling MIBs out of Solarwinds, but as I understand it, they have one giant MIB that gets download from them and they do not support a manual import (so an old MIB wouldn't be stored locally).

Not sure if Extreme or Brocade/Broadcom would be more help. Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The MIBs for 5.0.1d are on our portal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrDownloadDetail?id=a41340000005PP8AAMI
If you don't have a portal account, let me know and I can share this with you directly.

-Drew

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
No problem. Glad to help.

jm_ne
New Contributor
Thanks, Drew. Not sure how I missed those. When originally browsing, I could only find 7.0+.

Appreciate the help.
GTM-P2G8KFN