Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brocade IP DHCP relay overview - supported configurations query

Brocade IP DHCP relay overview - supported configurations query

HipG
New Contributor

Hi,

In the Network OS Layer 3 Routing Configuration Guide, various versions, there is a section on the DHCP relay and supported configurations. It has the following diagram....

HipG_0-1668679145178.png

...and the following description of supported and unsupported configurations...

"The previous figure illustrates a VCS cluster with clients and servers passing data between different subnets. Note the following examples of configurations supported and not supported by the IP DHCP Relay feature.
Supported configuration examples:
• Local DHCP server. DHCP Client 1 and Server 1 are on the same RBridge, but on different subnets. This configuration supports the IP DHCP Relay feature.
• Remote DHCP server. Client 1 and Server 2 are on different rbridges, but on different subnets. This
configuration supports the IP DHCP Relay feature.
• DHCP server across a WAN. Client 1 and Server 5 are on different subnets across the WAN.
• DHCP server is in a different Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) instance. Client 1 and Server 2
are in different VRFs.

The only unsupported configuration is a Network DHCP server. Client 1 is on a different subnet than
Server 3 and Server 4, which are on the same subnet."

Is anyone able to explain to me the difference between the supported and unsupported configurations I've highlighted in red, I'm obviously missing something.

Many thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN