cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Point 3805i for use in the Cloud

Access Point 3805i for use in the Cloud

Casimiro
New Contributor II
We have some access point 3805i part number WS-3805i and would like to do a "Cloud" installation. Is it sufficient to just acquire cloud service, for example: 91000-30913? Is the firmware that came with this model ready for this? I know there is a "cloud-ready" part-number (30913) but can I use the ones that I have for this purpose?
9 REPLIES 9

Paulo_Francisco
Extreme Employee
Hi Casimiro,

No the standard WS-AP3805i is not supported by ExtremeCloud(TM). Those APs do not have the necessary infrastructure to connect to ExtremeCloud(TM)

You need to actually purchase the WS-AP3805i-ROW (30913) model and with it the corresponding Cloud service entitlement.

If you have the -ROW now pn 30913, All you need to do is purchase the entitlement - 91000-30913. You do not have to purchase new aps.

Thanks, Paulo.

Joshua_Mandevil
New Contributor
It should work to just purchase the entitlement. They will need the serial number when ordering and they will need to be factory defaulted. Note : sometimes very early early-release 3805is do not have the proper cloud cert and will not work. I should imagine that would be determined by serial number when attempting to purchase.

Peter_Kulmbrein
New Contributor II
Hi,

as far as I know you need the 30913 item no. to do a cloud installation - I am quite sure you have to get some "cloud ready" ones.

Peter
GTM-P2G8KFN