cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive portal redirection does not work

Captive portal redirection does not work

Georg
New Contributor

I have the problem that unauthenticated clients are not automatically redirected to the internal captive portal page of the XCA, but they can access the page when they type in the IP address of the XCA.

I already tried this with many different clients.

What can be the cause of this problem?

In the Identify world there were several options to trigger the automatic redirection, but on the XCA i have no clue what is required to let this work.

The Setup is:

VE6120 Small

Version 04.76.04.0005

AP310i Access-Points

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SantM
New Contributor III

@Georg I did upgrade to the version 04.76.04.0005, created new network and new CP. It worked fine for me. Captured packets in AP and checked how it works in general. Seems that AP does some checks with DNS and does temporary redirection before it contacts XCA.

Client ip: 192.168.201.27

DNS : 192.168.100.115

XCA : 192.168.100.131

16c8be149e594f669ac7fe80eb850b68_ab2bda53-5b59-4771-b149-a9cd5f3f43c6.png

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Georg
New Contributor

Yes i have tried many different rules and vlans and also tried to delete the whole wlan configuration and configure it from the start again.

SantM
New Contributor III

I will upgrade the XCA later in the day to version you have and let’s see if it still works for me.

You can try deleting all rules defined for CP and corresponding network or try with new network and CP.

I remember that radius authentication was not working for a customer due to rule issue. Rule was fine but not working. I deleted the rule and created exactly same rule and it started working. It was odd.

By the way, have you also tried with different vlan and roles? For simplicity, same vlan as XCA.

Since you are telling that you can manually get CP, for me it seems to be rule issue.

Georg
New Contributor

Thank you Santosh. I tried some other things without success.

Still no idea, whats the cause of this issue 😞

SantM
New Contributor III

Redirection on my work PC was hindered by LAN connection. Redirection worked after removing LAN cable. 🙂 It was interesting.

To summarize, Captive Portal that you are trying, works for me.

SantM
New Contributor III

I have VE6120 small, 4.76.01.

I did testing on different clients and got the different results.

On my mobile, it works fine after ignoring certificate issue.

On my lab PC, redirection works, but shows certificate issue.

On my work PC; redirection doesn’t work at all, but works manually on browser.  I see the same issue that you are experiencing on my work PC.

GTM-P2G8KFN