cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop connecting to a AP to far away

Laptop connecting to a AP to far away

vdo
New Contributor III

Hi, In our school we have  about 350 aerohives typ 250's. Our problem is that all devices can connect perfectly with a good strength but the laptops have a poor strength because they seem to connect to the aerohives that presence in another classroom. If you disconnect the client en the client reconnect it still connects to the other classroom. Hope someone has a sollution for this .

Thanks in advance

Virgilio Doncker 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vdo
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your help I wasn't able to reply sooner.
But we were able to fix this problem to enable the second radio we only used one radio so thanks for all the help.

Virgilio

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vdo
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your help I wasn't able to reply sooner.
But we were able to fix this problem to enable the second radio we only used one radio so thanks for all the help.

Virgilio

vdo
New Contributor III

Hi StephanH,

Thank you for your response, I knew that but all Other devices are connecting and roaming fine with a perfect strength only the laptops are having difficulty with roaming to the propriate AP. So I don’t know if that have consequences for the other the devices but I will look into it tomorrow.

thanks.

virgilio

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Virgilio,

you can select higher values for the minimum basic rate. So if a client is far away and can’t use this higher value it can’t conntect to the AP.

Here you can configure the values:

Configure > Network Policies > policy_name > Wireless Networks > SSID_name > Additional Settings > Optional Settings > Customize

Regards Stephan

vdo
New Contributor III

Hoi Chris,

Thank you for your respons.

All our AP's are only allowing 5GHz and the band steering to 5GHz.

The laptops are not older then 2 years.

Any other tips?

Thank you

Virgilio

GTM-P2G8KFN