cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Analytics: Not all TCP flows shows Network or Applications Response time ?

Analytics: Not all TCP flows shows Network or Applications Response time ?

M_Nees
Contributor III
PURVIEW / Analystics installation works fine till some TCP flows from some servers does not show Network or Applications Response time. Because the Netflow and Policy N-mirror sources are S4 core routers of 2 different locations we use a GRE Tunnel setup.

So why are not all Response times are shown? Maybe the policy n-mirror is not complete ?
Any other reasons ?

If i have a LAG to some servers i set it on the LAG logical port too? (Necessary ?)
i doublecheck the policy n mirror is set everywhere!

But how can i troubleshoot / debug or confirm this (incoming policy mirror to a specific flow) ? Any suggestions ?

Regards
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Mike,
thanks for your explanation!

But i want you asking again - is the configured speed of the GRE Source port (1GB) a bandwith limiter of the GRE Link? Or ask i an other way - does is the GRE Tunnel will be faster / thicker if i use a tg.x.y port as the source port?

Thanks

M_Nees
Contributor III
One think i guess is that the GRE tunnel (between S8 and PV-Engine) is maybe overloaded.

I check port counters of the native port tg.4.20 (which connected S8 and PV Server) and the dummy port (for GRE Setup) ge.2.48 - no packets are discarded or error.

Can it be the the dummy port ge.2.48 (which is the GRE source port) limit the GRE tunnel bandwith to 1GB ? Or any other limitation OR does the GRE tunnel transport fully 10GB traffic if needed ?

Regards

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Mike,

that sounds perfect for troubleshooting and debugging!

Regards

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Hello Mattias,
It is possible that the mirrorN did not get the correct information for the flow to determine it's round trip time. Taking a tcpdump at the purview appliance and filter for the source and destination on gre1 port is shortest path for starting to figure it out.
It's important to note, that if you want to see round trip time, you want to have both netflow and mirrorN data traffic from the same port set. If it is a lag as a source port, then the lag should be specific in netflow as rx and in the policy section of the configuration as well.

GTM-P2G8KFN