Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client event timeframe selection

Client event timeframe selection

jeronimo
Contributor III

Why is this dialog asking for a start time and an interval from there

and not accepting an interval later than the current time of day

i.e. if I say: Start today at midnight and show me 24 hours, then it shows me YESTERDAY

--> why not just ask for the history to be displayed (e.g. xx hours) or just show whatever is available for today instead of resetting the day altogether

Come on.....

Thx

(XIQ-SE 22.9.13.5)
(Yeah I know Q: "can you try upgrading?" A: "if no one can tell me whether it's fixed or not, no")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

There are no enhancements to this feature in the current release, so upgrade will not fix this.

I would create a GTAC ticket for this. This seems awfully bugish to me.

The behavior changes for the "24 Hour" "Time" option. All other options do not reset the day, and will display information up until the current time.

Thanks
-Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

There are no enhancements to this feature in the current release, so upgrade will not fix this.

I would create a GTAC ticket for this. This seems awfully bugish to me.

The behavior changes for the "24 Hour" "Time" option. All other options do not reset the day, and will display information up until the current time.

Thanks
-Ryan

The 12 hour option behaves the same.

Currently we are 10:20 AM.

I chose today's date and 12 hours.

Whenever you are crossing the day boundary it seems to reset to the previous day 12:00AM. Which is unusable.

In essence you just want to see the latest events most of the time. Fortunately you can just use the clients table to do it. The graphs are useless.

It resets to yesterday 12:00AM.

We asked GTAC and they are saying this is a feature request...

I hate it when they do that for something so obviously buggy.

GTM-P2G8KFN