cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Evaluation Tool Issue

Configuration Evaluation Tool Issue

Piotr_Owczarek
New Contributor III
I found an issue with newest version of XMC - Version 8.2.4.42.
Configuration evaluation tool (WEB) does not interpret properly location data from wireless.
Below you can see screenshot from legacy java version and web version – difference is in fields SSID, AP Name, AP MAC and AP Serial. In WEB version all that values are interpreted as switch port.
7 REPLIES 7

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Ryan,

thanks for the fast response to my ticket.

Just to make it clear to the community the most important sentence in the PM that you've wrote...

"This has been escalated to Engineering for release of a fix. "

-Ron

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

The problem looks to be that the relevant information isn't brought into the configuration evaluation tool when it is used in the web GUI.

In the Java GUI:

183fbd86bf1545bea202a6caefaac313_de4bb8cb-31fa-4acc-aed4-df0b35c99703.png

183fbd86bf1545bea202a6caefaac313_a08554a8-bfbf-4649-bea0-64dcf4b340d6.png

If you type in the "SSID" or relevant information the configuration evaluation tool seems to select the right role.

For location based "Wireless" rules the "Switch Port" field is not used for criteria matching.

183fbd86bf1545bea202a6caefaac313_1612ee1f-eb0b-494b-a007-57586012cc2f.png

Thanks
-Ryan

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Piotr,

I get the same result as you.

Another question ... what browser do you use, the pop-up doesn't work for me in Chrome only with IE.

What happens if you run the evaluation - my results are not very promising, the web view never pass any rule beside the default catch all.
The java view result are OK and show a match for the correct rule.

-Ron

I use both Chrome and IE/Edge. Window appears, but results are wrong. The same situation as you mentioned.
GTM-P2G8KFN