cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Control Engine is a Radius Server?

Extreme Control Engine is a Radius Server?

DeoHeo
New Contributor III

Hello Community,
we would like to introduce NAC in our company. I am new to the topic of NAC. For this I have read a lot on the Internet and here in the forum. I have a question to which I can not find an answer.

Is the Extreme Control Engine the Radius Server? Or do I have to set up an extra Radius Server?

2bea086a56b140c5ba3ad97343eba692_fda83b8d-5b4e-4f06-b982-926224b31a2c.png

I am grateful for any answer.

Many greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Greetings,

both is possible. In most of my setups the NAC is the radius itself and only does some LDAP queries, but it is also possible to use it as an Radius-proxy. 
This is nothing that has to be chosen when you install ExtremeControl, you can dynamically change this in the AAA settings and you can even configure it that some request get forwarded to another Radius and some requests gets processed directly by ExtremeControl and so on...

Best regard
Stefan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DeoHeo
New Contributor III

Thanks for this fast answer.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Greetings,

both is possible. In most of my setups the NAC is the radius itself and only does some LDAP queries, but it is also possible to use it as an Radius-proxy. 
This is nothing that has to be chosen when you install ExtremeControl, you can dynamically change this in the AAA settings and you can even configure it that some request get forwarded to another Radius and some requests gets processed directly by ExtremeControl and so on...

Best regard
Stefan

GTM-P2G8KFN