cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware download page too complicated

firmware download page too complicated

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'd like to upgrade my EMC but I don't plan to search for minutes on the download page for the right file.

Example:

234b336626874dbcbe1e441ce99187c7_RackMultipart20170814-102195-243j9w-EMC_download_page_inline.png

I'm sorry but either I'm doing something wrong or that is the most complicated way to present firmware versions.

-Ron
32 REPLIES 32

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Fair enough, let's play around....

Search filter: advanced, ExtremeControl
Result: also non ExtremeControl files are shown, i.e. EMC, ExtremeAnalytics

Search filter: advanced, ExtremeAnalytics
Result: also non ExtremeAnalytics files are shown, i.e. EMC, ExtremeControl

In case I'd like to get the files to upgrade my whole EMC suit I'd need to know that the upgrade files end with a .bin - only then I'll get all 3 files on the first page of the search result (filter: advanced, ExtremeManagment, bin).
I'm pretty sure not everyone knows that.

Next step is to click the download link - I select the EMC link - now I get the pop-up with the "Select a Customer to Download on Behalf of" menu where I'd search the right one out of 7 pages.

After a while the download starts and now the best one.... it loads once again the main download page and all my search settings are gone.
To download now also the NAC, Purview file I need to go to thru the whole process again.

-Ron

André_Herkenrat
Extreme Employee
Hi,

please try the "advanced" button when searching for software - This way it was possible for me to find the new EMC images in seconds.

f45dd1e18cd24fbfb43229732f45ea40_RackMultipart20170814-31016-1oot9s2-image_inline.png

Cheers
André

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
It was more "friendly" before - so the plan to replace the download page with what we've now failed.

As far as I remember I've pointed out that shortcoming during the alpha phase of the page......

In regards to "it will be improved and optimized" - what is the ETA for that - should we "work" with that for months/years ?

Scott_Van_Arts1
New Contributor II
Count me in with the folks that have to spend a lot of time to find the firmware I need. Glad to hear it will be improved.

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Agreed. It should at least be separated by platform.
GTM-P2G8KFN