cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware download page too complicated

firmware download page too complicated

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'd like to upgrade my EMC but I don't plan to search for minutes on the download page for the right file.

Example:

234b336626874dbcbe1e441ce99187c7_RackMultipart20170814-102195-243j9w-EMC_download_page_inline.png

I'm sorry but either I'm doing something wrong or that is the most complicated way to present firmware versions.

-Ron
32 REPLIES 32

Peter_Kulmbrein
New Contributor II
Hi all,

complained about exactly the same yesterday

What i did use is hovering over that "Multiple Products" text in the Product Name column and select only one of them via mouse click.

That makes the choice much smaller but nevertheless it's still too much and that hovering over the file name is annoying.

Quick and dirty enhancement would be making the columns resizable so i can see the whole filename at once. Also allowing to select how many items are displayed should be easy to implement and then allow a text search for faster finding the correct file.

There's still a lot of work to do in that section...

regards
Peter

Volker_Kull
Contributor
Ron,

you put your finger finger on the key point.
The download speed is much more better since working with akamai but since I was beta tester of the new portal I recommend to use a easy way to find the files you need. I preferred the view from the existing portal.
In the case of EMC the amount of files for a single version is extremly confusing.
And Yes! the authorisation process to download more than one file is annoying !

- Coming via products to the downloads, there is no advanced option
- the advanced filter skips the search field

9988efa6c92d4afca83bc91dbf7a3196_RackMultipart20170816-51248-r6xeda-image_inline.png

- you cannot see the full file description - you have to check every single file

9988efa6c92d4afca83bc91dbf7a3196_RackMultipart20170816-101983-vgn23c-image_inline.png

- the file description is crazy ... (EMC.., Windows..., Linux...

there is a lot of space to make this easier !

br
Volker

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
OK in case of EMC 8.0.3.46 I get a list with 32 files and I'd hover over every filename to see more details (= the full file name) and if I'm familiar with the differences I'd select the right one.

Why are there NAC .ova files small/medium/large - the controller has only one .ova and the CPU/RAM decide whether it's a small/medium/large deployment.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
This is what I have been using too. Puts the firmware in one spot in order.

Luis_Mendes
Contributor
For download i use the menu PRODUCTS, and on product have the informations, download and others

59dc187ff02947cfae12c6fbe4aba3f1_RackMultipart20170814-31016-7ogqsk-Capturar_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN