cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know fingerprint attribute

I want to know fingerprint attribute

hyshin
New Contributor

I  know what types of types you can define in <tests>.
matchtype="exact", dhcptype="any" etc.

It would be nice to have a documented file.

I couldn't find it.

==============================================================================
Example
==============================================================================
<fingerprint os="Kyocera KM-6030 Network Scanner" os_class="Scanner" os_url="http://www.kyoceramita.com" comments="NS-30 Ver 1.3.00 KM 6030 Ver 2.64.D" author="xnih@cableone.net" lastmodified="2009-02-09">
<tests>
<test weight="5" matchtype="exact" dhcptype="Any" dhcpoption55="1,3,12,23,6,15,44,47"/>
</tests>
</fingerprint>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
4 REPLIES 4

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee

The Parameters list is only for option 55 parameters.

The dhcpoptions field is what can (or must) be included in the request, but the parameters is what can (or must) be included depending on your match type. So, now, you cannot include option 60 parameters as part of that. We only extract options of type 55.

In fact, in the 8.5 release, you can add your own fingerprint as part of the UI. However, if you specify the options to be included, it disables the parameters list. So, you CAN specify that the request must contain options 43, 55, 60 to match this fingerprint, but cannot further delineate the parameters inside those options. It’s an OR argument (request must have these options OR must have these option 55 parameters).

If you leave the Options field blank, the parameters list is only for option 55.

See screen shot.

Hope it helps!

30c3f77a45ea4c74af33671ead00ed61_324160eb-10c6-4318-a17d-2f822a6371b7.png

hyshin
New Contributor

s it one that applies to extreme?

Is it possible to use dhcp option 60?

hyshin
New Contributor

s it one that applies to extreme?

Is it possible to use dhcp option 60?

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee

This link has a pretty good description of what all the fields are:

http://dhcpfingerprinting.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-satori-uses-dhcpxml-file.html

GTM-P2G8KFN