cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC does not show the name of APs

NAC does not show the name of APs

Husam
New Contributor II
I have a setup of wireless controller C5210 v09.21.06.0006 integrated with NAC IA-A-300 for dot1.x authentication only without assessment. I installed this NAC 3 weeks ago. Till yesterday the NAC showed the AP name that the End-system connected to as well as the MAC OUI Vendor of each end-system. But today this NAC does not show any of that information. It show only the MAC address of APs along the SSID name.

Is there any advice!

Thanks in advance.
Husam
13 REPLIES 13

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi Mike,

Another issue came up today. The NAC is not showing the event when a client moved from .1x ssid to other SSID. it usually shows that a client disconnected due to change the VNS/ subent. But now there is no event in this regard. The log keep as "accept" even if the client disconnected or moved to another ssid!

Do you have any advice what is going on?

Thanks,
Husam

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi Mike, yes I followed franks' advice. The name of AP is shown now in the NAC log but the MAC OUI vednor is not despite this information is shown in wireless controller report!
I did restart for nacctl as well

Hi Husam, did you follow Franks comments above.
Its important to recognize that events may be Identifi Events, versus true NAC authentication events. The screenshots are inconclusive.

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi Thomas,

Only the SSID was selected but the AP name was showed as well as the MAC OUI Vendor.

I selected the AP here now and it OK now NAC show the AP name but does not for MAC OUI Vendor

Thanks.
Husam

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi Mike,
I am sorry I did not understand your question regarding the firmware.
I did not try to reboot the service but I will do.

GTM-P2G8KFN