Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight Console - new (custom) tab for EWC Station Events only

Netsight Console - new (custom) tab for EWC Station Events only

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

for better WLAN troubleshooting i forward all my EWC StationEvents to Netsight. i forward it via syslog - local3 facility into a separate log-file - which resides on netsight server - /var/log/StationEvents.log.

EWC is filling these with station events - all working fine!
(tail -f /var/log/StationEvents.log is filling up)

On Netsight Console i created a new tab - Wireless-StationEvents. How can i get Console that the content of the above file will shown here ?

2d5e8fc6d4554fa49376fd165bc89c53_RackMultipart20170208-23513-ekse7a-1_inline.png

i am not able to define a log source which is Type = Server - means a log-file which rely on netsight server.

2d5e8fc6d4554fa49376fd165bc89c53_RackMultipart20170208-38024-26fkfs-2_inline.png

(log-file target was /var/log/StationEvents.log - but Console change this to local c:\....)

The other (default) tabs show me that is should be possible, but how ???
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Ryan,

since this last information that you also ran into this issue i hear nothing from you.

Do you achieve something with engineering?

Regards

Hi Ryan,

thanks that you care about this issue.

Please let us know if there is a solution available. Ron, i and a lot of others waiting for a possitive response !

Thanks for help.

Regards,
Matthias

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Bump back to the frontpage....

I'm also a little bit disappointed that there is very little feedback from the NMS team here on the forum.

The customers want/need more customization options / support how to change things in EMC.

i.e. here a request to have more then the last 24 hours in the syslog log.
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/how-to-increase-syslog-size-in-netsight
That should be a simple thing but that topic was never answered.

I'm assume that a lot of resources are put in 8.0 but we also need to make sure that we'd keep the current EMC customers happy.

-Ron

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello all,

in many projects, Netsight and NAC is a door opener. The best argument is the independence from vendors and the flexibility (e. g. Flexviews, search and filter functions).
A flexible approach with logs is essential. For example the Switches uses different facilities. But the Netsight can't use these facilties to differentiate between for example Audit logs and other logs . But each Nagios do these out of the box. Syslogserver in the Netsight offers these abilites, But you don't bring it to the surface.

These are only small function but this function are necessary make an Administrator happy not a Dashboard with coloful Pictures.

Regards

Stephan

Regards Stephan

M_Nees
Contributor III
Nobody who can tell me how i can change / create a new server-based log manager ??

@ extreme folks: needed this for several customers ...

Regards,
Matthias
GTM-P2G8KFN