cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A Session with the GTAC Knowledge Program Manager

Q&A Session with the GTAC Knowledge Program Manager

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
On April 13th, Extreme Networks Services announced the availability of GTAC Knowledge.

Hopefully you’ve had time to explore what the site has to offer and you may have questions about its inner-workings.

I’m the KCS Program Manager for Extreme and I’ll be watching this conversation throughout the day on Friday, April 24th. If you’ve got questions about the GTAC Knowledge program, ask them here! I’m also looking for feedback about your experiences so far.

A few ideas to get the conversation going:

• What do you like about GTAC Knowledge?
  • What kinds of information and articles would you like to see more of?
  • Any interest in Video articles?
  • Are there technical areas you’d like for us to place special emphasis on going forward?
Or ask me what's on your mind....

Thanks much!
10 REPLIES 10

McClane
Extreme Employee
I'm always a sucker for reading through a 'Tips & Tricks' section...

Hey Chris,

Good suggestion for future content. I assume you haven't found much of this on GTAC Knowledge yet, because our current content is exclusively How To, Solutions and Q&A. Maybe you'd found some tips & tricks in the How To(s)...but I'm not sure this is a 100% match to what you're referring to.

Along those lines, we do have some future content development planned that will look more "tips & tricks" under the moniker "Network Essentials". Hopefully, our community can share some of their tips and tricks on the Extreme products on the Hub as well. Matter of fact, Drew outlined this in the new category proposals for the Hub....again see Network Essentials:
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/community-category-refresh-request-for-comment

For our knowledge management program, Network Essentials falls under the banner of our KCS Evolve Loop. This will be content the team develops based on analytics we run on the current knowledge base.

So, if you have a few things you'd like to see us write on "tips & tricks", let us know.

Thanks for the input...really appreciate it!

James_A
Valued Contributor
Could you make a way to browse all the articles by category? Sometimes when I had some free time I used to do have a look through for hidden gems on the old KB, but now all I can see is the top 5 featured and popular articles.

This is a great idea James. Thank you.

You can do a bit of this currently with the filters out to the left (by Extreme SW for example). However, its not nearly as effective as what you describe or will see in App Stores, etc. We'll definitely try to work this in to a future iteration of GTAC Knowledge.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
OK let's start....
I'd like to see more about Netsight in general and especially about OneView.

Videos are great but please at least in 1080p so I'd see what is going on and not some blurry telnet session to a device that I can't identify.

As I've mentioned in another post I'd like to see some "alert" for new issues so I don't upgrade to the newest version just to find out that my VoWLAN phones are not working anymore *argh* and later find out that GTAC is aware of that issue.
GTM-P2G8KFN