Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate limit trap alarm in XMC

Rate limit trap alarm in XMC

AdrianO
Contributor
Hi all,

I'm trying to configure XMC to generate an alarm when a port goes out of profile, i'm testing with broadcast and limit 0, out-actions are trap and log:
code:
configure ports 5 rate-limit flood broadcast 0 out-actions trap log 

The XMC receives two different informs: extremeRateLimitExceededAlarm and etsysCosFloodLimitExceededNotification.

This is the alarm configuration:

c00826a47138452197458621a19e8dfe_f957e568-4c5a-492e-a903-1e2a1be3893f.jpg

With the action set to email.
The problem is that XMC gets the traps but it doesn't generate the alarm and of course doesn't send the email. The alarm doesn't show in alarm history.

Other alarms of type "selected trap" are working fine and the emails go out no problem.

Someone has this alarm configured and working?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Generic verification:
  • Check if the XMC does decrypt the trap/inform (if you use SNMPv3) = if you see it in events.
  • Check if those traps you selected are really those you receive.
Debug:
  • Enable debug (administration -> diagnostics) and generate the trap. Check logs.
You can always contact GTAC if your XMC is under service contract
Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Verbose means debug. Sorry for the confusion.
The file is /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/logs/server.log in the filesystem (based on your installation path. You can see the content of the log also through the OneView gui.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

AdrianO
Contributor
XMC receives the traps:

5ba3167d8ac74b28a8a4517c66ae432d_274e695a-bed3-4177-a25c-72c9d981d007.jpg

Where can I enable debug? I don't see it in Administration -> Diagnostics. With Level:Diagnostic I see a drop- down menu where I can choose the level (information, critical, verbose...). Something like that?

The log would be the Trap log under [System]?

Thanks.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Generic verification:
  • Check if the XMC does decrypt the trap/inform (if you use SNMPv3) = if you see it in events.
  • Check if those traps you selected are really those you receive.
Debug:
  • Enable debug (administration -> diagnostics) and generate the trap. Check logs.
You can always contact GTAC if your XMC is under service contract
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN