cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Sending XMC alerts and two prong auth from Extreme Captive Portal

Sending XMC alerts and two prong auth from Extreme Captive Portal

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
I am trying to direct my XMC alerts from Extreme Captive Portal to Office365 instead of Exchange, but it does not seem to work as I cannot set up to authenticate the user. Has anyone had any success with and can advise me how best to proceed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Check out the following article and let me know if it is what you're looking for:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/000001549

Thanks
-Ryan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
As long as XMC is successfully sending email it should also resolve sending of SMS and email codes. The Control appliance uses it's web service connections to XMC to have XMC source the email.

You should only need to enable verification and set it to use ""SMS Text or Email".

After resolving the authentication to email issues can you confirm verification emails are not being sent?

Thanks
-Ryan

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
Yes ECP with an EWC, and validation enabled to send SMS or email codes.

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello Dean,

Are you trying to do External Captive Portal with an EWC?

We're not talking any captive portal services provided from Extreme Control or XCA correct? This is a 3rd party portal looking to send back a token to complete captive portal outside of Extreme gear correct?

I need more details on what's being used for your ECP as I'm not sure what you have.

Are you doing Extreme Control portal with validation enabled to send SMS or email codes?

Thanks
-Ryan

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
Ryan,

Very good this took care of a big part of the issue I was experiencing with my ALerts, however, I still have one more hurdle to overcome. Do you know where I can find any similar settings within the Captive Portal? We had setup a vendor portal for two pronged authentication and the replies containing the validation codes does not get sent. Therefore like a began to state earlier there must be an additional setting in the ECP for this. Any suggestions?

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Check out the following article and let me know if it is what you're looking for:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/000001549

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN