cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Engines Capability

Site Engines Capability

SteveT
New Contributor
Hi, I have a specific flow and would like to understand how this would work and be configured in site engines.

We will have licenses for 250 devices which will be monitored for reach-ability. When a device become unavailable, we would like the NMS to log the trail and also forward a generic log towards a secondary NMS.

From a Customer perspective, a on-site technician will receive the generic Log saying "error on network" and contact a network technician who will then log into the Site engines to investigate the specific issue.

The same generic message should also exist for the 100 or so VSP Fabric switches if they encounter any error / critical messaging and alert the Site Engines NMS. All switches will be configured and managed by SE via SNMPv3.

I hope this is clear enough. I believe this should be possible but would like to understand how exactly this works and if there are any limitations considering all devices being monitored will consume a license.

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

AdrianO
Contributor
You could configure a custom criteria alarm that activates when you receive certain events and then triggers an email or log forwarding as a reaction.
GTM-P2G8KFN