cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suppress specific traps on Netsight server

suppress specific traps on Netsight server

M_Nees
Contributor III
we have in our network nearly 500 Switches. Unfortunately EXOS sending to every netlogin process (login and logout) an trap. To disable this on the switch is currently (16.1.x) not possible. So the trap log is overloaded and the really important traps are out of sight.

I am looking now for a way to suppress or discard this specific traps (oid) on the netsight trap daemon.

Is there a way ? if yes how ?
8 REPLIES 8

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You'd create a new script in Extreme Management Center and then deploy in on all 500 switches with just a click ... or two 

Tony_Thornton
Extreme Employee
Hi Matthias,

Not sure how to do this in NetSight natively, but there may be an alternative you can do on the switches:

To exclude netlogin user logout traps from being sent to NMS:
conf snmpv3 add mib-view defaultnetofyview subtree 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.4.3.0.5 type exclude

To prevent netlogin user login traps from being sent to NMS:

conf snmpv3 add mib-view defaultnetofyview subtree 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.4.3.0.4 type exclude

You would need to push these 2 commands to each switch using NetSight or another script.

Regards
Tony

M_Nees
Contributor III
I know this function - it is excellent to find or filter for something (i hope this function will be available in NS V7.X).

But the above mentioned netlogin traps expand and blow up my trap log.
Because i am not interesseted on that kind trap i want to discard them directly a the trap daemon level.

i hope someone can tell me how this can be done with netsight.

aloeffle
Contributor
Hello Matthias.

you can use the "Filter" settings in Trap-View of NetSight Console.

Klick the "Traps" tap and then the orange wrench. Now you can filter what you want to see or not.

d03f8a3d9b074e61890c355839d61a4b_RackMultipart20160628-13644-fgdnkk-NetSight_Trap_Filter_inline.jpg

hth

Alex

GTM-P2G8KFN