cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access and archive universal switches--5320 and 5420 running on 8.9.0.0

Unable to access and archive universal switches--5320 and 5420 running on 8.9.0.0

San
New Contributor II

Was able to ping the SE --server from the switch (logged via ssh) .Tried to ping the switch from the SE but shows as not reachable. 

Task:---To get attached to SE and perform automatic backup(archive) and firmware updation scheduled for a number of universal switches --5320/5420 Fa running on 8.9.0.0 (VOSS)
switches running on BOSS and VOSS exclusively are working fine without any issue but the ones of universal switches(which has the ability to be configured as Exos or Voss) is the main problem.
Any help or support is appreciated alot. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

San
New Contributor II

Was able to figure out the problem was indeed with the SFTP configuration defined in inventory-manager (at Site Engine)and the access-policy defined at the switch end.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

San
New Contributor II

Was able to figure out the problem was indeed with the SFTP configuration defined in inventory-manager (at Site Engine)and the access-policy defined at the switch end.

OscarK
Extreme Employee

I would upgrade XIQ Site Engine first to 23.11 or 24.2 and check after that. 

San
New Contributor II

San_0-1716903595430.pngSan_1-1716903629481.png

Ping issue has been resolved able to figure out that firewall was blocking the  outflow traffic from the switch. Although devices are reachable, bidirectional traffic flow is available still from the webshell it shows connection closed. I believe that would be the starting point to proceed ahead with the further archieve/firmware etc..
Below snapshot does trigger anything much???

San_2-1716903906083.png

and the site engine version is as per below snapshot...

San_3-1716903972287.png

OscarK
Extreme Employee

What version of XIQ Site Engine ? Are you archiving through ssh/scp ? If your Site Engine is too old it could be a cipher issue, or your scp settings could be wrong. https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000111555

GTM-P2G8KFN