cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade path for netsight to XMC 8.5.2.6

upgrade path for netsight to XMC 8.5.2.6

PRobbins
New Contributor II

need confirmation that i can upgrade netsight 8.0.3.53  to XMC 8.5.2.6 via the following path:   Netsight 8.0.3.53 -> XMC 8.3.11 -> XMC 8.2.5.6

I have seen some Extreme documentation that i need to go to an 8.1 version first then 8.3 then 8.5.2.6. but have seen another where it states you can go from 8.0 to 8.3 then 8.5

can someone confirm the correct upgrade path please  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

The upgrade path you mentioned is correct. Only the release notes are reliable.

Releasenotes 8.3.3

Extreme Management Center 8.3 supports upgrades from Extreme Management Center version 8.0.x, 8.1.x, or 8.2.x (except version 8.2.2).

Releasenotes 8.5.2

Extreme Management Center 8.5.x supports upgrades from Extreme Management Center version 8.2.x, 8.3.x or 8.4.x. If you are upgrading from version 8.1or earlier of NetSight/ Extreme Management Center, you must perform an intermediate upgrade. For example, if you are upgrading from Extreme Management Center 8.1, you must first upgrade to the latest Extreme Management Center 8.2 or 8.3 release, then to 8.5.x.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PRobbins
New Contributor II

Thanks very much for the confirmation

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

The upgrade path you mentioned is correct. Only the release notes are reliable.

Releasenotes 8.3.3

Extreme Management Center 8.3 supports upgrades from Extreme Management Center version 8.0.x, 8.1.x, or 8.2.x (except version 8.2.2).

Releasenotes 8.5.2

Extreme Management Center 8.5.x supports upgrades from Extreme Management Center version 8.2.x, 8.3.x or 8.4.x. If you are upgrading from version 8.1or earlier of NetSight/ Extreme Management Center, you must perform an intermediate upgrade. For example, if you are upgrading from Extreme Management Center 8.1, you must first upgrade to the latest Extreme Management Center 8.2 or 8.3 release, then to 8.5.x.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN