Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Using NetSight 5 to manage Wireless Controllers

Using NetSight 5 to manage Wireless Controllers

Rich_Upshaw
New Contributor II
Hello,
We just upgraded to NetSight 5 and I would like to manage our C5110's with it. I'd open a case, but this seems like it would be a fun topic for here. So, what are the steps?
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Rich,

under the assumption that you mean the integration of the WLAN controller in the Netsight Console (without policy manager, OneView or other Netsight Suite Apps...) her my notes ....

- open Netsight Console - go to -> tools -> authorization/device access -> profiles/credentials

- add credentials, choose the same SNMP version that you enabled on the controller and the correct community password

- in the CLI credentials tab choose add and provide the username/pw of the controller (I'd create a new one on the controller for the netsight communication)

- add profile and select the SNMP and CLI credentials that you've created before

- close

- now add the controllers to Netsight Console so on the left site of the main menu right click on my network and choose add device

- put in the IP of the controller

- in the profile pull down menu choose the profile that you've created in the step before

- click OK (if you've more then one controller repeat that steps)

Kind regards,

Ron

GTM-P2G8KFN