cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Where is Inventory Manager (and reports) in NetSight 8?

Where is Inventory Manager (and reports) in NetSight 8?

Martin_Shadbolt
New Contributor II
Our SysAdmin upgraded our NetSight instance to Suite 8.0.2.42. Since doing so, I can't find the same Inventory Manager functions or reports that I seemed to be able to run previously. I only seem to have access to one Inventory PDF report.
Is Inventory Manager completely different (removed or licensed?) in v8, or am I looking in the wrong spot??
I'm trying to generate reports based on our inventory, and the only (PDF) report available doesn't show individual stack members, and does't present in a format that is friendly with Excel. (PDF is awful for this stuff - it should be an option, not the only type).

Ideally I want to run reports on all sorts of stuff - installed hardware, modules, software versions, configs containing "X". And I want these reports customisable to my needs, with ability to schedule and email at regular intervals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
-Martin
8 REPLIES 8

cbuchenau
Contributor
Martin,

Version 8 is supposed to included important changes (new VLAN manager, less Java tools, ...) and requires significant more resources. On our side we stay away from 8.x for our production environment, and if I have some time to spare, we will download and test it with an evaluation license in an isolated environment.

Honestly, I would tell your SysAdmin to restore the previous version and to start a proper evaluation process for 8.x.

ar1
Contributor
Hi Martin,

I'm only use the archive funktion to save the configs of the switches.

20bf0014cf91456eb71d90fecad13ba8_RackMultipart20170802-63690-1590czf-archive_inline.png

I guess I misunderstood your question - you want to generate reports about your switches.

Sorry I cannot help in this case.

Martin_Shadbolt
New Contributor II
I'm admittedly new to the product, but I can't see how to achieve the sorts of things listed in the original post šŸ˜ž

ar1
Contributor
Hi,
I 'm not sure but if you mean the java plugin I guess that this is integrated in the html page.
The backup settings will be available via login at the web page, choose network and the tab "Archives". The reports you might find them be choosing the tab "Reports" ?
Regards,
Axel

GTM-P2G8KFN