Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ-SE Authentication

XIQ-SE Authentication

Tiago_Molinos
New Contributor II

Hi!

I'm trying to configure a MS NPS server to act as RADIUS server authenticator for XIQ-SE login.

I've managed to do it, but whenever there's a user who has never logged in before (or that it hasn't been manually created and added to an Authorization Group) it just keeps asking for credentials and never logs in.

I know there must be some "Automatic Membership Criteria" defined, but I cannot find any examples on how to do it, specifically when using RADIUS.

I've captured the RADIUS packets and saw that I got authorized. I also saw on XIQ-SE Event log a "No Group for User" event - "Unable to find dynamic group for user XPTO using RADIUS configuration".

On the reply RADIUS packets I see that there are no VSA's sent back and that's normal because I haven't configured them as I don't know if they are required... Is this the way to go? Any documentation on what VSA to use?

Any help on achieving this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi Tiago,

I did this using ExtremeControl, but it should work also for any third party radius server.

I configured a Filter-Id in the automatic Membership criteria, for example:

Stefan_K__0-1704790336409.png

My ExtremeControl rule then has this filter configured:

Stefan_K__1-1704790417578.png

I have some other rules that return another Filter-Id that is used for other groups.

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Good!! Nice to know!

I can confirm this is the recommended configuration. 

You can use other attributes, but the RADIUS dictionary within XIQ-SE for use with this feature is very limited. If you aren't going to use filter-id use another common standardized AVP. 

Thanks
Ryan

GTM-P2G8KFN