Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ Configuration Templates

ZTP+ Configuration Templates

RobertD1
Contributor

Hello,

I have used ZTP+ to configure EXOS switches automatically. I think software 21.1 or greater does not use option 125 and uses extremecontrol plus the domain name from DHCP and then DNS to resolve the IP address of XIQ-SE. 

I assume ZTP is no longer an option for loading configuration templates. So, how can we make XIQ-SE send additional configuration the switch? In cloud IQ a supplemental CLI can be used but I don't see how to do this with ZTP+.

If I want to use a template or send LLDP port configuration for specific ports do I have to login and copy and paste the commands to the CLI manually after ZTP+ staging?

I was testing with ZTP and looking at adding option 125 to my DNSMASQ server config but seems pointless to pursue if ZTP+ is now the only choice.

Basically, I want a port type that can configure LLDP for IP phones ( or a way to send commands during ZTP+ staging in addition to the site options).

Thanks,

Rob 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

If you want to use port templates and additional commands then you may want to try the following workflow: 

ZTP+ Adding Commands per Port TemplateWorkflow executes commands to update the EXOS configuration. Define commands to execute per Port Template. The workflow replaces "{}" with the port.Inputs:CLI Commands for each port template, CLI Commands for switch.22.3.1.1v6

Can be executed as actions in the site level = can be executed during the ZTP+ procedure.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

If you want to use port templates and additional commands then you may want to try the following workflow: 

ZTP+ Adding Commands per Port TemplateWorkflow executes commands to update the EXOS configuration. Define commands to execute per Port Template. The workflow replaces "{}" with the port.Inputs:CLI Commands for each port template, CLI Commands for switch.22.3.1.1v6

Can be executed as actions in the site level = can be executed during the ZTP+ procedure.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

RobertD1
Contributor

Think I can use Custom Configuration under Site Actions. Use site actions does not show the Custom Configuration options and they are not applied to my VM. I remembered that the device has to be onboarded and have a pilot license for the custom configuration to work. 

GTM-P2G8KFN