Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Instances one login

2 Instances one login

tomasz_halasa
New Contributor

Hi,

On hive manager we had 2 hive manager online instances: one for warehouse 1 and second one for warehouse 2.

we have migrated warehouse1 APs to extreme cloud IQ Pilot and now we want to migrate warehouse2 APs but we want to keep them separate from each other so we need to create a second instance for warehouse2. How can I do that on the extreme cloud portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbuchenau
Contributor

What Miguel-Angel wrote is correct and would reflect what you had before. On the new instance you can then add the account from the first instance as “external administrator”. which allows you to login with the first account only and then switch between both instances. Be aware that you need the exact amount of licenses for each instance.

The other option is to enable HHM (Hierachical HiveManager) in your first instance and create a second organization for the 2nd site. You would still have to re-create all objects though, but it is a bit easier to move APs between orgnizations, plus you assign all your licenses to the one instance only, and they will be shared among your configured organizations.

Be careful: Once you enable HHM, you cannot disable it again. And if you want to move your existing APs to an organization with a more meaningful name (default is “My Organization”), you need to recreate all objects inside the new organizatin and move the APs. Which will require a maintenance window.

Carsten

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I completely agree with Cbuchenau. I just wanted to add that HHM is called HIQ now, and you can read more about this feature here: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/guides/qsg-hierarchical-hivem...

tomasz_halasa
New Contributor

Thank you.

cbuchenau
Contributor

What Miguel-Angel wrote is correct and would reflect what you had before. On the new instance you can then add the account from the first instance as “external administrator”. which allows you to login with the first account only and then switch between both instances. Be aware that you need the exact amount of licenses for each instance.

The other option is to enable HHM (Hierachical HiveManager) in your first instance and create a second organization for the 2nd site. You would still have to re-create all objects though, but it is a bit easier to move APs between orgnizations, plus you assign all your licenses to the one instance only, and they will be shared among your configured organizations.

Be careful: Once you enable HHM, you cannot disable it again. And if you want to move your existing APs to an organization with a more meaningful name (default is “My Organization”), you need to recreate all objects inside the new organizatin and move the APs. Which will require a maintenance window.

Carsten

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Tomasz,

I think you need to create a need account a make a delegation to the first one to keep them separate.

You’ll have to duplicate all the needed configuration with this.

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN