Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP not using new template added to existing Network Policy

AP not using new template added to existing Network Policy

RobertD1
Contributor II

Hello,

Customer has configured a new template for AP 4000 with WiFi radio set as a sensor and associated the template with a Classification Rule which uses a CCG with three APs in it.

They said the AP does not use the new template and they have had to resort to changing the radio to a sensor mode manually.

What are we missing here?

The AP is live and using a template that was added to the Network Policy when the AP was first onboarded. So, effectively there are two AP 4000 templates in the NP, where one is different as far as Wifi2 radio mode is concerned.

Edit: Do we need to configure the AP and select the new device template from the pull down menu?

Edit: I notice one template has (Default) so does this mean it will be the template used by default? I factory defaulted an AP, it rebooted and used the Network Policy I assigned and even though it had a template with CR>CCG with the AP host it used the default. Can you change the default template then? If not I guess we have to change the AP to use a sensor by making a device level manual change that overrides the NP.

Edit: I just noticed factory defaulting removed the AP from the CCG. I will try it again but add it to the CCG.

Edit: I think I have this working. If I add or remove AP from CCG and click save and save rule and deploy to AP a delta update it changes the template fine.

Thanks,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know the fix was to add or remove the AP from CCG and click save and save rule and deploy to AP with a delta update it changes the template successfully!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know the fix was to add or remove the AP from CCG and click save and save rule and deploy to AP with a delta update it changes the template successfully!

GTM-P2G8KFN