cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP1130 and AP650(AH) firmware divergence?

AP1130 and AP650(AH) firmware divergence?

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I noticed that firmware for the AP650(AH) is out, with the new version being 10.5.4.0.

I updated a few of the AP's that had zero clients, startign on my AP650(ah)'s, and then went to update the firmware on the AP1130's. thats when i noticed that 10.5.4.0 wasnt an option, only the previous version 10.5.3.0.

Whats going on?  since ive had this system (since Aerohive) its been the same firmware for the AP650's as it has for the AP1130's.

Dont tell me that the firmware is going to start to diverge based on the model of AP... please dont tell me that.... not a good idea..

Anyway, im interested why the latest isnt available for the AP1130's, anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well, the AP1130's have a firmware update.  Im re-posting this, as I did post again, but it didn't show up here.  Reposting it, this time as a reply to my first post may help with that.

Here is the version number:

systemscsn_0-1705415719208.png

10.6r1a and it takes about 7.5 minutes to fully update, along with two reboots, which makes me think this is a security fix - No release notes on that version so far, so i am guessing its a security fix.

Anyway, wanted all to know that check posts here.

Thanks,

J.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well, the AP1130's have a firmware update.  Im re-posting this, as I did post again, but it didn't show up here.  Reposting it, this time as a reply to my first post may help with that.

Here is the version number:

systemscsn_0-1705415719208.png

10.6r1a and it takes about 7.5 minutes to fully update, along with two reboots, which makes me think this is a security fix - No release notes on that version so far, so i am guessing its a security fix.

Anyway, wanted all to know that check posts here.

Thanks,

J.

JA
New Contributor III

Hey J

Try this

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/IQ_Engine/10.6r1a/IQ_Engine_Release_Notes_10...

On the AP230s it seemed to go as a normal update with 1 reboot, I haven't done my 1130s yet.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I've also been curious about this, and just saw this article regarding the AP230 (which shouldn't be end of life until Nov 15, 2025)
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000111155 

Anyone else seen the term "end of software support" prior to this?

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I onyl found out when i couldnt update the firmware on the AP1130's, and it went back and forth as you read here, with yet it is, to no it isnt.  So im not sure how much you can trust any of the EOL documentation at this point.

GTM-P2G8KFN