cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP1130 and AP650(AH) firmware divergence?

AP1130 and AP650(AH) firmware divergence?

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I noticed that firmware for the AP650(AH) is out, with the new version being 10.5.4.0.

I updated a few of the AP's that had zero clients, startign on my AP650(ah)'s, and then went to update the firmware on the AP1130's. thats when i noticed that 10.5.4.0 wasnt an option, only the previous version 10.5.3.0.

Whats going on?  since ive had this system (since Aerohive) its been the same firmware for the AP650's as it has for the AP1130's.

Dont tell me that the firmware is going to start to diverge based on the model of AP... please dont tell me that.... not a good idea..

Anyway, im interested why the latest isnt available for the AP1130's, anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well, the AP1130's have a firmware update.  Im re-posting this, as I did post again, but it didn't show up here.  Reposting it, this time as a reply to my first post may help with that.

Here is the version number:

systemscsn_0-1705415719208.png

10.6r1a and it takes about 7.5 minutes to fully update, along with two reboots, which makes me think this is a security fix - No release notes on that version so far, so i am guessing its a security fix.

Anyway, wanted all to know that check posts here.

Thanks,

J.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

JA
New Contributor III

I had come across that earlier today have been poking around all afternoon.

That was why I was after the 10.5r3 and 10.5r4 release notes in this post to see if there was any mention to it.

https://community.extremenetworks.com/t5/extremecloud-iq/archive-of-old-release-notes/td-p/95873

J

JA
New Contributor III

Looking back on when our AP370s aged out in Oct 2021:

6.5r12 - Feb 2019

6.5r13 - Nov 2020

6.5r14 - Mar 2021

6.5r15 - Aug 2021

6.5r16 - Nov 2021

r12 was the last version with a new feature. The rest were to deal with security issues, including r16 (FRAG attacks) that came out a month after End Of Life.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

oh sh1t JA... thats not good.  I dont like their end of life methodology, given we have well over a year left of software maintenance, only to be told we are not goign to get that, and are now 3-4 firmware patches behind on the AP1130's.  That software maintenance, is part of the overall maint, which is somethign their customers pay for!!!!

so its beyond me how they can get away with this.  I suppose its like "we will escalate this", but the top of the tree can just say, "tough crap, its in the EULA" and we know how incidious EULA's can be, some companies have weaponized them, and this is starting to have the feel of that!

thanks for posting that, interesting.  Sorry you had to deal with the FRAG right after that.... guess you got newer AP's to stop that threat, right?

thanks, Jason.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

oh wow.  no I haven't seen that before.  I wonder if they are going to pull the same trick with the AP1130's!!

I have the original doc for those stating it doesn't end until July 2025, so if they change it to "its expired today", then i wonder if we have any recourse... we all probably agreed to allowing them to change anything they want, and without our consent or prior notification.. there are so many toxic EULA's out there that it wouldn't surprise me!

Thanks for bringing that up.

-Jason.

GTM-P2G8KFN