cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice Handling LEDs - AP305C, AP302W, ATOM(AP30)

Best practice Handling LEDs - AP305C, AP302W, ATOM(AP30)

technik1
New Contributor II

Usually we deactivate the LEDs policy-wide once everything is up and running.

Every now and then we need to activate the LEDs for a few APs. Seems like a simple task that is not that extraordinary, therefore I think we are doing something wrong here.

CLI/SSH seems to work til the next reboot. Which is somehow contradicting the philosophy of the XIQ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My answer is a bit of a hybrid of what's already been said but to add to taradean's answer: [provided you have your APs assigned to locations] go to ML Insights > Network 360 monitor > right click an AP and you've got the LED control there (On|Off|Blinking) OR go to manage > devices > tick an AP > utilities > tools > locate device > you'll have options to change led behaviour/return to normal etc etc. Limitation of this is that you can't tick multiple APs at once.

The only way I can think of doing this on multiple APs at once is via a supplemental CLI you can apply to multiple APs at once at the device level, but that's probably messier than the above, but I guess it depends on how many APs you normally enable this on at once

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

My answer is a bit of a hybrid of what's already been said but to add to taradean's answer: [provided you have your APs assigned to locations] go to ML Insights > Network 360 monitor > right click an AP and you've got the LED control there (On|Off|Blinking) OR go to manage > devices > tick an AP > utilities > tools > locate device > you'll have options to change led behaviour/return to normal etc etc. Limitation of this is that you can't tick multiple APs at once.

The only way I can think of doing this on multiple APs at once is via a supplemental CLI you can apply to multiple APs at once at the device level, but that's probably messier than the above, but I guess it depends on how many APs you normally enable this on at once

technik1
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot it, I have no issue klicking on a few APs, touching indirectly all other devices was my main issue.

GTM-P2G8KFN