Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CloudIQ - how to trigger auto channel selection

CloudIQ - how to trigger auto channel selection

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’m still new to CloudIQ and need some help…

Is there a way to trigger the auto channel selection process on one AP via the GUI ?

My “workaround” was to reboot the AP but I’d prefer a way that doens’t require a full outage 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Paul_Wang
Extreme Employee

Not sure if this is what you want, but you can change the channel to a static one then change back to auto to trigger a ACSP auto channel selection process. 

You normally don't have to do this. Instead, you might want to look into the feature "Dynamic Channel Switching > Switch channels anytime if RF interference exceeds the threshold" in the radio profile to see it this meets your requirement. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

sounds like a better option then a reboot.

I’m more custom to the Identify product line, with that you can select a AP and choose in the action pull down to trigger auto channel selction to force the AP to check the best channel again.

The thing was that after I’ve tested backhaul failover the APs used the same channel (normal behavior) and I didn’t want to wait till 1am for dynamic channel switching to take affect.

Thanks,

Ron

Paul_Wang
Extreme Employee

Not sure if this is what you want, but you can change the channel to a static one then change back to auto to trigger a ACSP auto channel selection process. 

You normally don't have to do this. Instead, you might want to look into the feature "Dynamic Channel Switching > Switch channels anytime if RF interference exceeds the threshold" in the radio profile to see it this meets your requirement. 

GTM-P2G8KFN