Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CloudIQ XOS VLAN port config

CloudIQ XOS VLAN port config

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’ve just added my X440-G2 to my CloudIQ portal and the switch is green and it looks fine.

As the next step my plan was to config port 1&2 to VLAN200 (screenshot below).

From the switch CLI I’d see that the VLAN was created by CloudIQ put port 1&2 are not added instead all my ports are still in the default VLAN.

Any idea whether I did something wrong (there are not many options to mess up :-)) or whether that isn’t supported.

Thanks,

Ron

7662379ec202478aad8e54a87a049d60_c4f112e3-98e9-40e6-8649-87848bdce7e4.png

7 REPLIES 7

CWurm
Contributor

Hi Ron,

the last time I have checked this I also had to modify the port settings through the network policy. I wasn’t able to directly modify them in the device itself. However this testing I did was a few months ago 🙂 I tried this back in August when I received my X435. Since then I have reset it and have not tried to modify the ports via XIQ. As you can see in the attached screenshot the VLAN config was visible in the delta config preview:

ab3767aef79c488ebfdd4bf167afe5cc_158b045e-1645-4b45-8cd8-2fe63b7e813d.jpg

Maybe I should try this again.

Kind regards

Christian

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Ron,

with my X435 the VLAN deployment works fine (I alwayd did the deployment with a Network Policy).

However, I notice something about your first screenshots.
It seem you overwrite the VLAN directly on the default Port Type "Access Port" which the GUI only allows directly on the device.

In a network policy you always have to create a new Port Type to assign a VLAN (like in you second screenshot).

Perhaps something is wrong at this point, or perhaps the GUI does not prevent the input of a VLAN at this point, although this should be the case.

In the end it does not make it better. But could maybe explain the behavior you observed.

Regards Stephan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Ron, 

are you using the PILOT or the CONNECT Cloud?

Regards Stephan

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

My GTAC ticket was rejected because I don’t have a contract on my NFS lab switch.

Sounds good, let’s wait till some big customer runs into the issue with a valid contract - wish that person good luck.

I also really enjoyed this line in the GTAC answer…..

“If you do not want to move forward with the paid support option here are some tools that you can use to resolve your issue:

The HUB is a public forum where employees and customer get together to answer questions or solve problems:
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme

Must be dark humor because I’ve linked this post in the initial ticket description and now I should go back even we found no answer.

-Ron *alittlesaltytoday*

GTM-P2G8KFN