Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CloudIQ XOS VLAN port config

CloudIQ XOS VLAN port config

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I’ve just added my X440-G2 to my CloudIQ portal and the switch is green and it looks fine.

As the next step my plan was to config port 1&2 to VLAN200 (screenshot below).

From the switch CLI I’d see that the VLAN was created by CloudIQ put port 1&2 are not added instead all my ports are still in the default VLAN.

Any idea whether I did something wrong (there are not many options to mess up :-)) or whether that isn’t supported.

Thanks,

Ron

7662379ec202478aad8e54a87a049d60_c4f112e3-98e9-40e6-8649-87848bdce7e4.png

7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

No you’re right, sorry, I’m not used to non-hiveos devices on XIQ. CAPWAP debugs would not help here. I’d be interested to hear what they find for your case, I hope it’s a quick fix!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi Sam,

I’ve tried it another way and instead of changing the device specific settings I’ve created a new policy with all the settings.

Done a complete config update but still the same.

Also the monitoring show that all my ports are access in VLAN1 even I’ve put now 1&2 as access VLAN 200 and 5&6 as trunk (native100, 100&200 allowed) and the rest as access 100.

Audit is empty = config should be sync.

Are you sure that I’d run CAPWAP debugs on my switch !?

I’ll open a ticket for this issue.

Thanks,

Ron

526c1471f0984a70ba1e9e2e980c57cd_cfe57eb0-eab6-4e78-9932-6a835c16e8b0.png

526c1471f0984a70ba1e9e2e980c57cd_c03703ca-6c90-40f0-98c7-5fc87adf4ef1.png

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

To my knowledge, that should be supported currently. Generally, if you’ve got settings in the GUI that aren’t getting to the device we’d want to check the following:

1. Can we push a complete configuration out to the device, instead of a delta configuration? Some settings will not be updated with a delta, so a complete configuration push is always the best first step here.
  2. If the complete configuration didn’t work (but also didn’t fail outright), we’ll want to make sure we aren’t accidentally overriding the settings in a different part of the network policy. Based on your screen shot, you’re making adjustments in the device specific settings, which will override the network policy template, so this isn’t going to be the issue here.
  3. Check the device audit on the Monitor page, go to the complete audit tab and make sure we see the settings written out in the configuration shown here. If we don’t see the settings in question, that means the XIQ instance isn’t pushing them out to the AP at all. In that case, you’d want to open a GTAC case so we can start troubleshooting the GUI with you.
  4. If everything else checks out, I’d recommend enabling CAPWAP debugs, then pushing a complete update out to the APs, so we can see if there are any errors in the updating process. This guide reviews CAPWAP debugs: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057308&q=CAPWAP%20debug If you want to send the output with those debugs to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I’d be happy to take a look.
GTM-P2G8KFN