Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFS interference

DFS interference

Hans
Contributor

Hello

I have a customer with a lot of DFS events. I want to check the channel that is experiencing the DFS event. However, I can not find this information, not by the GUI (ExtremeCloudIQ) and not by CLI. Any idea? 

I see DFS events at all of our customers, what is the experience with false positives?

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, you could run the following CLI commands to get a better idea of what’s going on with the DFS events you’re seeing: 

This command will show you how many detected radar signals the AP has seen, how many channels are currently unusable due to DFS traffic, and how much longer those channels will be reserved for emergency traffic only: show interface wifi1 dfs _detail

This command will also show the radar penalty time, and if you see channels listed here, the higher the cost is, the more interference you’re going to see on that channel currently: show interface wifi1 _dfs-dynamic-cost

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hans
Contributor

Thx Sam for the feedback.

I get an ‘Applying CLI failed’ error using the show interface wifi1 dfs_detail command (tested few access points). The  _dfs-dynamic-cost command seems to work. So the channels with a Radar Cost are channels where radar is detected I assume?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, you could run the following CLI commands to get a better idea of what’s going on with the DFS events you’re seeing: 

This command will show you how many detected radar signals the AP has seen, how many channels are currently unusable due to DFS traffic, and how much longer those channels will be reserved for emergency traffic only: show interface wifi1 dfs _detail

This command will also show the radar penalty time, and if you see channels listed here, the higher the cost is, the more interference you’re going to see on that channel currently: show interface wifi1 _dfs-dynamic-cost

GTM-P2G8KFN