Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware 10.5.1.0 to 10.5.2.0 offline AP's

Firmware 10.5.1.0 to 10.5.2.0 offline AP's

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

hi,

so yesterday i picked all the AP's that didnt have clients (most were AP650AH's), and upgraded their firmware from Firmware 10.5.1.0 to 10.5.2.0 offline AP's.  After they were done, the interface showed most of them offline, but i was able to ping their IP address.

I think there is an issue with the firmware, or at least going from that version to the latest.  I was able to SSH into each of those AP's and use the reload command to reboot them.  Then the interface showed them as online.

So, just in case you have the same issue, the above is the only way to get them back online, short of going and pulling their network cable from the switch.

thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well, weird.  I have 172 online AP's.  mostly AP650(AH), some outdoor AP1130's, and one AP460C, and about six offline AP650(AH)'s and two AP1130's that will get used at some point.  When i was doing the latest firmware, i was picking just a few at a time, and they would stay offline, even though i could ping them (I had to SSH into them, and run "reload" to restart the AP, which brought them back online).

But over the weekend, i was selecting a bunch at a time, maybe 20 or so at a time, initiated the firmware update, and they all came back online without issue.  Weird.  maybe doing a few at a time was the issue... i dont know, but didnt have an issue and now all my AP's are on the latest 10.5.2.0 firmware (except those purposely offline).  Oh, and I didnt have that distributed firmware option enabled (where an AP can help update other AP's).

Thanks,

Jason.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well, weird.  I have 172 online AP's.  mostly AP650(AH), some outdoor AP1130's, and one AP460C, and about six offline AP650(AH)'s and two AP1130's that will get used at some point.  When i was doing the latest firmware, i was picking just a few at a time, and they would stay offline, even though i could ping them (I had to SSH into them, and run "reload" to restart the AP, which brought them back online).

But over the weekend, i was selecting a bunch at a time, maybe 20 or so at a time, initiated the firmware update, and they all came back online without issue.  Weird.  maybe doing a few at a time was the issue... i dont know, but didnt have an issue and now all my AP's are on the latest 10.5.2.0 firmware (except those purposely offline).  Oh, and I didnt have that distributed firmware option enabled (where an AP can help update other AP's).

Thanks,

Jason.

GTM-P2G8KFN