cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I make the connection to the extremecloudiq cloud for an AP WING 305C?

how can I make the connection to the extremecloudiq cloud for an AP WING 305C?

david_c98
New Contributor
hello good day, how can I make the connection to the extremecloudiq cloud for an AP WING 305C?

In this case the network does not use vlan 1 or default, vlan 800 is used with all permissions allowed.

I have already configured the AP in centralized mode, placing the command "cset vlanvid 800"

but still does not connect to the cloud.

The AP was changed to standalone mode, and the vlan 800 interface was configured with dhcp, it was configured in port ge1 as an access vlan and we had the same result, in the same way that interface was configured as a trunk type vlan.

Also in standalone mode, the "operational-mode xiq-cloud force" command is used, the ap restarts and I log in with the default passwords:
admin
admin123
use the following items:
How To: How to perform a VLAN probe from CLI on an ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) AP? | Extreme Portal
Force remove preview
How To: How to perform a VLAN probe from CLI on an ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) AP? | Extreme Portal
int mgt0 dhcp-probe vlan-range vlan-range : Enter the VLAN list to probe. The range is from 1 to 4094. Use a hyphen (-) to separate the beginning and ending IDs of a range of VLAN IDs; for example, 70-100.
View this on Force >

How To: How to switch Universal AP operational modes between HiveOS Cloud (XIQ) and WiNG modes | Ext...
How To: How to Assign a Static IP Address to an Access Point via AP Shell | Extreme Portal

Force remove preview
How To: How to Assign a Static IP Address to an Access Point via AP Shell | Extreme Portal
How to assign a static IP address to an IdentiFi Access Point over the EWC WebGui
View this on Force >

What configuration should the ap have to connect to the XIQ?
5 REPLIES 5

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
OK so the AP at this time should be in Cloud operational mode but you don't see it connect to the Hive Manager, is this correct?

If this is the case, the first thing to do is ping www.google.com. If successful, it tells us that the IP, DGW and DNS are fine. 

Second, ensure all in-line firewalls allow outbound connections to the Extreme Cloud services listed on the Firewall Configuration Guides page: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079399

3rd, follow this article for advanced CAPWAP troubleshooting:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057794

BR

Christoph S.

david_c98
New Contributor
I already did it.

But the ap doesnt connect to the cloud

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
SSH or console into the AP and try the following command:

cset operational-mode xiq-cloud

The AP should reboot into cloud mode and connect with XIQ. 

BR
Christoph S.

david_c98
New Contributor

Do you want the AP305C to be in WiNG (Distributed), Centralized (Campus) or Cloud operating mode? On the cloud
Is the AP adopted by any controller? No
Is the AP integrated in XIQ? The serial number has already been registered in the XIQ
What operating mode is the AP currently booting into? in centralized mode
GTM-P2G8KFN